Originally founded by members of the Bay Ward faith communities, the Britannia Woods Food Pantry has been a member agency of the Ottawa Food Bank since 1994. Its clients come from a wide variety of circumstances and cultural backgrounds. We serve the Lincoln Fields, Richmond Road and Carling Avenue areas that are East of Holly Acres, West of Broadview, North of Carling, and North of Richmond.
How Does the Food Bank Work?
- The Ottawa Food Bank network provide emergency food to people experiencing poverty.
- There are over 18 food distribution centres in the Ottawa Food Bank network. The Ottawa Food Bank grows, collects, purchases, sorts and distributes food through distribution centres, like Britannia Woods Community House.
- Food is delivered to the Britannia Woods Community House on a weekly basis. From there, our volunteers in-take the food and distribute it to our clients.
Once a month we provide clients with a two to three-day supply of unprepared, non-perishable food supplemented with staples like bread, milk, and fresh fruits/vegetables.
What you need to know to access this service:
- Clients are served by appointment only (read below to find out how to book an appointment)
- Please bring identification and a Proof of Address for each person in your household.
- Identification can include either a Birth Certificate, Driver’s License, or immigration documents.
- If you have no identification, please call us anyways
- Proof of Address:
- Your proof of address can be any document that has recently been mailed to you at your current address and that shows the date, your name and your address. Examples of a Proof of Address include: Bank statements, Hydro or heating bill, or Letter from a government agency.
If you are not sure about what to provide, please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information at 613.820.0853 or firstname.lastname@example.org