Position: Program Assistant- After School Programs
Term: October 3rd, 2022-June 15th, 2022
Paid hours per week: Casual- up to 15 hours per week
Pay Scale: $16.00-18.00/hour
Benefits: 4% pay in lieu of vacation
Available Positions: 3 positions available (2 Bilingual Positions)
Deadline to apply: September 30, 2022
Working collaboratively and under the supervision of the Afterschool Program Coordinators, the Program Assistant assists with the daily operation and activities of the Britannia Woods afterschool programs. The Program Assistant supports with program plans and implementation of a quality programs for students in grades 1 and 6, between October 2022 and June 2023.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Program Supervisors and other After-school Staff.
- Assists with the facilitation of the afterschool programs for students in grade 1-6. BWCH After-School programs include academic, STEM and recreational activities.
- Creates a stimulating and nurturing environment for children to learn and grow, ensuring the safety of children enrolled in the program through direct supervision, and attendance protocols.
- Help with outreach and engagement of children in Britannia Woods and surrounding areas (handing out flyers in the community, talking to children and their parents)
- Prepare snacks in accordance Community House plans and Public Health guidelines
- Utilize appropriate behaviour in interactions with children and maintain a supportive, fun, and engaging attitude
- Participates in all activities with the children
- Must be able to supervise large groups of children during offsite excursions such as field trips and especial events.
- Maintain positive, professional communication with parents/families, community partners, school personnel, outside agencies, co-workers, and support staff
- Ensure the upkeep of the Space is maintained and complying with the Public Health Ontario recommendation. Daily cleaning and disinfecting the space/ devices/ supplies before and after each activity
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works in a manner that preserves confidentiality and seeks to minimize risks as per Privacy and Confidentiality Policies and Procedures.
- Respecting and valuing the diversity of communities and individuals.
- Works during both regular and extended hours of operation in locations identified by the House.
- Participates in the House’s efforts to enhance its capacity through staff/volunteer development
- Takes initiative and work both independently and within a team environment with minimal supervision
- Experience working with diverse communities and sensitivity to multicultural issues
- Self-motivated team player with good interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to manage complex emotional and behavioral issues
- Valid Police Records Check for work with the Vulnerable Sector
- First-Aid/CPR AED
- Available to work evenings, Monday – Thursday between 2:00 & 6:00pm
- Fluency in French and English essential; other languages an asset
At least 1 reference required
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume and cover letter by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate in the subject line your name and the position title being applied for.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.