Position: Administrative Assistant- Mental Health and Wellness – Bilingual in French or other languages strongly preferred
2 Days per week- 14 hours per week
Reporting to: Mental Health Manager
Term: Ending March 31, 2023 with a strong possibility of renewal
Pay Scale: $21.50-24.00/hour
Benefits: 4% in lieu of vacation benefits
Deadline: Ongoing until successful candidate is hired
Britannia Woods Community House is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and coordination support to the Mental Health Manager and staff operating various social wellness programs.
This role requires you to have some experience working with marginalized and racialized communities, understand the lived realties of marginalized clients and adopt an anti- oppressive lens to your work. This role requires you to be culturally responsive, meaning that the successful candidate is expected to employ practices and behaviors that are modified to meet the needs of the population served by the agency.
- Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of all programs, including securing resources outside of the office space
- Determine and establish office procedures relevant to various social support programs
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Assist with data collection processes
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Oversee the completion of the office space cleaning procedures
- Identify the office space upkeep requirements / health & safety concerns
- Maintain office supplies inventory
- Assist with bookkeeping as directed
- Provide general support to clients and visitors; as directed by Manager
- Work flexible hours to meet the needs of programs staff
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by management
- College diploma required; University degree considered a strong asset
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal and documentation skills
- Ability to speak French and other languages are a strong asset
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and other databases
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is
- Knowledge and experience working in a community-based setting (volunteer or paid employment)
We are an equal opportunity employer that encourages all interested candidates to submit a detailed resume and cover letter by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate in the subject line your name and the position title being applied for.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.